CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thirty-Two Things

Thirty-two things I'm thankful for on my thirty second birthday:

beauty of snow resting softly on the pines

the voice of my mom singing 'Happy Birthday' to me over the phone from a thousand miles away

a dad that lives close by when you're at art class and your three year old doesn't have good aim so you need a change of pants

the first attempts of a belly laugh from an 11 week old

muffled conversations of preschoolers under countless layers consisting of blankets, couch pillows, and a Hello Kitty umbrella

a tug of my shirt and I turn to find an awaiting kiss from my husband

laundry basket full of cloth diapers: Better for the bottom line (pun intended)

slowing wiggles of little ones cuddled next to me during naptime

the feel of my little boy's fingers tangling my hair as his lids fall heavy

the gasps of baby's breath when the bath water splashes over her belly

that "just one more" kiss goodnight

evidence and design of God's creation

chocolate chip muffins

vanilla flavored coffee

a hand-written card from my 5yr old
("Merry Christmas" too cute-she said "because we had fun at Christmas"!!)

God's word in our own language

a husband who leads his family in God's ways

grace that's lavished on me, sufficient for me, and always given at precisely the right moment

God's mercy when I fail to rely on said grace and instead follow my own way

sweet encouraging words from a friend


the cold side of the pillow

the click of my camera
(my gift from the kids)

homemade hot beef for lunch from my step-mom

the freedom and privilege of teaching my kids at home where I can focus on their hearts as we learn about God's world

a sweet text from my husband

my salvation in Christ

bubbles on a baby's lips

buds on trees reminding me of new life

wide eyes of a child saying "OOHHHhhh now I get it" over his math work

closets full of neatly folded clothes (doesn't happen often and I'm still thankful for the messy ones!)

the way my little girl says 'ith' instead of 'if', too cute

a blog to record all the big and little moments of life!

2 comments:

one blessed mama

aw, i love it. i'm thankful for all those things for you too, friend. praise God for his goodness!

Nors

loveloveloveloveloveloveloveLOVE this =) So much encouragement and blessing in your joy!