CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

John in 90!



Ben and I have started reading through the Gospel of John. We broke it up into three sections (21chapters/3months) 7 chapters per month. So for the first month we're reading chapters 1-7 daily, 8-14 in the second month and 15-21 for month three! It does take a good amount of time each night especially with the interruptions the kids bring! We're going to try to make 9-10pm 'our time' alone together to read! We generally put the kids to bed around 8:30 so in theory this should work!! ;-) Now we are 10days into it and each time I read it I try to select a verse(s) to meditate on during the day. I usually just pick a portion that jumps out at me.

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth." John 1:14

I have read this verse countless times before and yet it still amazes me that the living God would come down from heaven and 'dwell among us'. As I meditate upon this verse it causes me to be evermore thankful and humbled that God loves us so much that He came down to us that we might 'behold His glory'!

~What are you reading now? Have you been encouraged/enlightened/convicted by the Word of God today?

0 comments: