CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Free Audio Stories for Kids!

I love to read to my kids! I would love to do it more and am striving to do so! But as I'm getting ready for vacation I know I will not have much time to read outloud to them! So I went searching for some more audio books (we already own many) and I found the site Storynory. It has great classic stories narrated by Natasha Gostwick that can be downloaded for FREE.

Here are a few of the ones I'm downloading:
  • The Hare and the Tortoise
  • Thumbelina
  • The Ugly Duckling
  • The White Snake
  • Rapunzel
  • Rumpelstiltskin
  • Snow White
  • Hansel and Grettel
  • The Snow Queen
  • The Boy Who Cried Wolf
  • Aesop's Fables
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Cinderella
  • Sleeping Beauty
So if you have little ones and want to make the most of driving time, instead of just throwing in one video after another, try putting one of these stories in and your children will be asking for more!! Trust me!!

~Enjoy

2 comments:

one blessed mama

okay, love this, and love audio books in general. one question though, i went to the site and am wondering, if i want to save them to burn them to a CD, do i need quicktime PRO? i am not the brightest, but i can't figure out how to save, just download and listen on the computer. . .

Jeni

Yes you should be able to right click on the "download option" above the title. Once it's downloaded you need to find you "download folder" then transfer them to which ever folder you chose on your computer. Then drag them to your 'cd drive' then there should be an option on the top of the file box or in one of the menus to "write files to disc". That should do it but if it's not that simple or if I totally didn't explain that well I could try to walk you through it. Once you do it once it's easy. I didn't put any of these on a disc though. I just put them directly on my Ipod. The kids loved them on the trip!