CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Odd Children


It's official our children are all odd! Today is Gabriel Adam's 7th birthday! So that makes our kids 9,7,5,3,and 1! Today I'm thinking back to his 'birth'day. I was 36 wks 3 dys and went in to the hospital that Saturday morning on May 11th (around 9am) after having contractions consistently all night long. When I went in I was only at a 2-3 so they had me walk a bit but didn't want to admit me necessarily since I was still a bit early. They didn't want to help it along til they knew for sure I was actually in labor. So around 10:30am they checked me again and I was up to a 4 so they called the on-call doctor (mine was out of town at her mothers, it being Mother's Day the next day) and he came and suggested they break my water. This was only my second delivery and I had an epidural with Braden that didn't fully take so I was a little apprehensive about getting another. I tried to handle the contractions on my own for a while and couldn't take it anymore. I had no idea what the pain was going to feel like and even worse didn't know how to cope with it! So I promptly asked for the epidural and couldn't feel a thing after that! Which was exactly what I wanted at that point! I really did want to have a drug-free delivery that day but wasn't prepared at all! Little did I know that God was going to give me three more opportunities after that day to have drug-free deliveries. You'll hear their stories over the next few months, as they all have summer birthdays! For today I celebrate that day just the way the Lord wanted it to be, and the life He has given my precious son!! I Love you Gabe, more than all the ducks in the world!!!

0 comments: